Thursday, March 13, 2008

Loong time.

Hey, so sorry it's been a millennium since I wrote last. Things have been hectic and I'm not a man of consistency as is. So I'll do my best to update what's been going on here since I last wrote. It's been a lot.
So reading break ended. Had a pretty good time, didn't actually end up going to Saskatchewan because I missed my ride to the airport but I didn't let that phase me. Hung out with Mr Dan Smallhorn for the most part. Hung out in our underpants like the good ol' days and slacked off. A worthy break. We had Theology class right after reading break. A bit of a mindjob after that. I learned a lot and it was great but it's all coming so fast and my head doesn't really know what to do with it all. I need time to sit and process and talk over what I'm trying to figure out and the current schedule doesn't allow it.
But life goes on! We started a 24/7 week of prayer which was thoroughly exciting! They had all done one before but I hadn't yet so I was pretty pumped! It was weird to have quiet and aloneness at Kaleo. Something that doesn't come often! So really enjoyed my time there and played quite a bit of guitar which was cool! Just had a chance to worship God on my own and exalt him with the gifts he's given me.
India left the Monday of that week so we all came together in the main foyer and hugged and prayed them away and off they went. Colombia left on Friday and got the same treatment which was neat. We leave for New York tomorrow morning.
Seven of us went camping to Mystic beach Saturday night which was really neat! I am used to ruffing it but we really ruffed! But a neat chance to connect with the people I'll be going to NY with and also a precursor from God as to what to expect and where he'll be! Just a neat chance to see God in a new environment which I really needed! It rained like the whole time though! Yeesh.

So off I go tomorrow to New York tomorrow till the 30th. There is a team of us (13, I believe) going to Brooklyn to work with Metro Ministries. http://www.metroministries.org/ We will be there to fix up their headquarters and help out however we can while we're there. I think there's two days when we'll be involved with their Sunday school programs. We will have the opportunity to ride in a bus and pick up kids to be brought to the Sunday school. I'm excited to see the people there and see God working and these people being a light in the darkness.

Pray for safety for us! We are going to be in some pretty dangerous places. Pray that suffering is not part of our ministry down there, that we would be able to go and serve. Pray that we would work well together as a team, that we would remember that we are servants and not tourists.

Just that we would honor God with our time and truly be missionaries to another place. That hearts on our team would be spurred to more mission opportunities because for many of them, this is a first!
Just remember us in your prayers.

love! mark

2 comments:

melissa said...

Hey Mark,

Glad to see you are catching everyone up to date - hard to capture everything and get it down in a blog... Anyway, hope that all goes well for you and the team in NY - will be praying for you! Was going to stop by and see you today (had been up island at my parent's cabin for a couple of days) but good thing I didn't because you were already on your way. It will be exciting to hear all your stories when you get back:) May you see God work through both the big and the little!

Ma Jean said...

Hi Mark: Always thinking of you and praying too. Just went into your blog and was so glad to get an update. Still very proud of my grand-son. Your mom says you are really working hard. I knew you would!! Have a happy Easter dear. My love always Grammy (God bless you).