Monday, February 4, 2008

Monday after Monday...

Holy smokes it's Monday again! Okay, so where am I today? Last week was reading reading reading! I had an ENTIRE textbook and the four Gospels to read in a week! Kinda ridiculous, eh. The principle of reading a textbook in the first place puts me off a lil' so to be instructed to do so was not a friendly prospect.
So off I go, at a reasonable pace. One thing I discovered was that I have great naps when I have to read a textbook. One day I read one page which was followed by a half hour nap... then I kicked it up to two and a half pages which lent to a 2 hour nap. Needless to say I have been using my time as wisely as usual.
Monday evening, we had an information session of sorts for Qwanoes and the camp that happens in the summer. I'm planning on staying and have applied for the position of assistant head counselor which would be really exciting!
On top of the mass readings, Tuesday we had a full day of Theology class once again. In case I haven't explained before, unlike most classes which happen over the course of five days straight in a week and then it's over, Theology is on Tuesdays over a bunch of weeks. Probably because our poor brains can't take it all in at once. So there goes another precious day of reading out the window. Then Wednesday we went back to Mt Washington for another day of snowboarding, the last of the year.
The rest of the week was reading. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the Gospels and learned a lot through that. Reading through Matthew it's amazing to see what a bomb was dropped on Israel as Jesus walks around. They don't even know what to do with him!! What he does and what he says is like nothing ever seen before!
Friday was Youth at New Life. We had a chance to run the whole thing which was sweet. It's weird to be a part of a youth group and have so little responsibility or sway. I was a bit of a bystander through the whole thing. Everything went well though and I think the kids enjoyed having Youth run differently. We were able to challenge them and test them spiritually rather than just giving them a place to play games and hang out.
Saturday was a lax day. Went into town with a bunch of people and had a REALLY great time! Just nice to be away with people. Yeah, just a great time.
Sunday went to church, really good. We went to Jr Church to see their youth worship who just so happen to be amazing! I haven't seen so many actions in so few songs. I could barely keep up but the kids loved it! There was a new members lunch after the service which was neat cause I got to talk to people and meet some new people. Mark Buchannan came over and I got to talk to him more than just the usual "hey Mark!" that usually goes on in the hallway. He's a great guy.
OH! I got my Pentateuch exam mark back too! 88.1! Not bad at all! I think I got one of the higher marks in class. I don't know everyone's marks but I think that's pretty great! Jim said it was good!
Other than all that... I've been kicking the Japanese studying to a new level. I know a lot but at the same time, I don't know much but I'm really enjoying it.

Prayer: we have Gospel class this week. Pray once again for my brain to be less like a stone and more like a sponge. The teacher is really awesome which helps a lot.
I have another textbook to read. (barf)
shoot, I had a whole bunch I was thinking of but I can't remember now... I'll get back to you on that. So yeah, that's the update right now.

2 comments:

annie said...

Third try!!! Thanks for your new blog. Good reading. Congrats on the great mark. And you said you weren't a student...
Went to the gym today. Just can't seem to make a habit of it.
Snowing again...
Keep up the good work, son!

Ma Jean said...

Hi Mark: Overlook the MaJean. It is Grammy, but that's what comes up with my pass word. Enjoy reading your blog. One smart grandson you are:>) One proud grandma am I:>) God bless you Mark, I love you, Grammy M.